Notes from a Young Black Chef is a non-fiction novel, or a autobiography of the protagonist himself, Kwame Onwuachi, which is the book I have chosen to read for the Food Seminar course. I have always been intrigued in the culture of Nigeria thanks to Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, one of my favorite writers introducing me, giving an insight of the backgrounds of Nigerian-Americans from the book "Americanah" and the civil Biafran war from "Half of a Yellow Sun". For I will restrain myself from providing spoilers, for this is a book I personally recommend to all my enthusiastic fans reading my blog, I will give you a brief insight of the author himself. Kwame Onwuachi is an executive chef at his own restaurant Kith and Kin, who rose to fame from his victory in a competitive show "Top Chef". He is yet 30 but proves that his life has already been a series of struggle sufficing him to write his me...
このブログの人気の投稿
Hi! I’m THE DUDE who created this blog. I a very picky eater. I don't any fruits or anything relating to fruit in the texture, scent and sweetness. I also am not hesitant throwing away food that quite didn't satisfy me. I don't quite have the tongue to discern whether a food is good but I know when it's bad. The philosophy of my cooking is never waste food. You may think it contradicts with my throwing away. But that is exactly why I do not want anything disposed being a mere waste. So that I don't throw away food, I cook strictly abiding by recipes so I never need to waste. I also forbid myself from having any leftovers. What I loathe is when I encounter restaurants introducing me to horrible and unsavory food. No resources should ever be wasted and cooking horrible food is a blaspheme to earth and to the lives of animals.
Was it tasty? I looked at the website and the most popular course was the Ginza standard course where they serve all-you-can-drink of craft beer and wine, 3 kinds of chef's special meat platter, risotto, and ajillo. The place looks very fancy and nice!
返信削除I enjoyed seeing your beautiful photos, Ryo, but you also needed to write a review of the restaurant and reflections on your experience there.
返信削除